|What to Bring:
- Camera gear (see below)
- Clothing for warm and cool temperatures
- Money for meals not provided
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun block and or hat
There are many choices for accommodations in and around the town of San Clemente, which will be our headquarters. San Clemente is about half-way between the areas we will explore over the course of the weekend. Dave will staying the Comfort Suite; it's not the fanciest, however it's clean and it's reasonably priced. We will meet each morning (and on Saturday evening) at the Comfort Suite.
Digital Storage and Power: bring plenty of storage space (CF or SD cards for your digital photographs). Bring enough battery power to last through a day.
Going light: This is the trip to bring it all: telephotos, tripods, macro lenses, filters, flashes, etc., etc., etc. However, this isn't the trip to carry of all of that equipment. Ken (and do a lesser extent, Dave and Dan) are minimalists. Ken carries most of what he'll use for a day in a small bag; Dave will have a camera bag full of equipment in a car, and then choose one lens for the camera, and an extra lens for a pocket. In other words, don't overdo it. The less you bring, the more you will probably come back with in fine images. Please feel free to contact Dave with questions about what to bring.
Note: Participants are encouraged to bring up to 20 slides/digital images and/or prints to share with the group. Digital images can be on your laptop or a thumb drive or CD (that the instructors can show via a laptop computer); we will also have a tablet or two, and a digital projector. We will take a look at photos on Saturday morning, before we head off for our day of shooting, and then again in the evenings.
- Itinerary -
- On Saturday, we'll gather at the Days In, in San Clemente, about 9 a.m., to meet each other, enjoy a welcoming presentation by Ken, and look at some particpants images (for those who do want to share, bring up to 20 images, and put them on a thumb drive or CD, or bring your own laptop or tablet). We'll spend the day on the go, heading north to the tony Laguna Beach area, Crystal Cove, San Jaun Capistrano (with it's historic mission), Dana Harbor, and more. We will call it quits about dinner time.
- On Sunday We will head south to make photoraphs at the old Oceanside Pier, the beautiful and massive San Luis Mission, Torrey Pines State Park (a wilderness area above the Pacific), and other planned and serendipitous stops. After dinner, we'll spend some time looking at photographs that participants would like to share with the group, back at the Comfort Suite.
Depending on group dynamics, weather and traffic, we may head may inland for some sights, two.
How to register: Send a check or money order by good old fashioned U.S. snail mail to: Image Quest Tours, 1164 Alvira Street, Los Angeles, California, 90035.